On a regular basis on the Toy Bug Facebook page we include links to great articles that we have found and which are well worth reading. These are some very useful resources and provide clear insights and ideas so we decided to list some of them here so you can easily find them again.Here are a few of the recent ones:
· This link by Dr. Tony Attwood explains the difference between Aspergers and High Functioning Autism.
· This details a great recipe for Gluten-free Cloud Dough.
· This article relates to research that showed that focusing on the strengths of adolescents with autism spectrum disorders improves their social skills.
· This article is great idea for when your child is bored and looking for something to do.
· This link includes a set of slides that provides some great information and well explained examples to assist people to accept their diagnosis.
· This article titled Eight Fun Oral Sensory Activities to Improve Your Child’s Regulation provides activities for your child and as detailed in the article when you need a “quick fix”.
· This article discusses a simple, inexpensive yet very effective way to make some sensory and discovery bottles for your child.
· This is an article on pillow caves and squish boxes that make ideal sensory retreats.
These are just some of the resources on the Toy Bug Facebook page so when you get the chance, grab a coffee and spend a bit of time having a look. I know you will find some useful information.